Thank you for joining us for the 2022 Building Bridges Gala, hosted by Friendship Bridge! We are so excited to celebrate with you in person and connect you with the empowered women we serve in Guatemala. You are receiving this email because you have purchased a ticket to attend our event in person on Thursday, April 28, 2022, in Lakewood, Colorado.
We have an amazing program ahead! This email includes all the information you’ll need to make the night a success. Please read this message carefully.
We look forward to seeing you soon!
- The Friendship Bridge Team
- Location: Baldoria on the Water, 146 Van Gordon Street, Lakewood, Colorado 80228
- Date: Thursday, April 28, 2022
- Time: Doors open at 5:30pm MDT. Program starts promptly at 7:00pm MDT.
- Dress: Cocktail attire.
- Parking: There is ample free parking in the lot outside of the Baldoria event space.
- Accessibility: The Baldoria is equipped with wheelchair-accessible ramps.
- Check-In: When you arrive at the gala, you will check in with our volunteers in the lobby and receive a name tag, a printed program, and a paddle with your table number on it.
- Requests: Our team has taken special care to honor each guest's dietary restrictions, seating requests, and special accommodations.
For guests who need sleeping accommodations, we have blocked 2 rooms for April 28 at The Hampton Inn, 137 Union Boulevard, Lakewood, CO. Stay includes breakfast. Confirmation #91817964.
- Petite Chiles Rellenos with Green Chile Dipping Sauce
- Toasted Corn Cups with Guacamole and Pico de Gallo
- Spicy Chicken Salad in Endive
- Summit County Salad with Strawberries, Candied Pecans, and Goat Cheese with Honey Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Herbed Bistro Rolls with Butter
- Stuffed Chicken with Spinach, Pine Nuts, Fontina, and Roasted Red Peppers with Artichoke Cream Sauce + Filet Mignon with Cabernet Reduction
- Smoked Gouda Mashed Potatoes
- Grilled Assorted Veggies
- Assorted Guatemalan Desserts with Buñuelos
- Guatemalan Coffee Service
Our gala theme, “Impact Squared,” is named after our five-year Strategic Plan. We are celebrating the multiplier effect of the implemented strategies, which will exponentially impact a greater number of Guatemalan women, families, and communities by 2025. Throughout our gala venue, you will see visuals of “squares” in our decor, signage, and table centerpieces.
Our evening gala will honor Karen Barker, co-founder of the Genesee Circle and a Friendship Bridge supporter for more than 20 years.
Traveling from Guatemala to Colorado for the gala is Gloria Cholotío, one of our longest-serving employees of 18 years.
Our goal is to raise $165,000 at our gala this year to continue empowering Guatemalan women to build a better life through the tools of microcredit, education, and health services. Every ticket sold, each auction item purchased, and every donation we receive will help us reach this goal. Thank you for supporting Friendship Bridge!
Auctioneer + Paddle Raise
Our gala auctioneer Debbie Scheer will guide our guests through a variety of exciting activities on the night of our gala, including an interactive "Paddle Raise" and a “Head or Tails” game.
Registering with AES will allow you to bid on items in our silent auction, featuring an amazing collection of more than 45 unique items and experiences! Note: Auction opens Saturday, April 23 at 8:00am MDT and closes Thursday, April 28 at 9:00pm MDT.
For the safety of all involved, all in-person attendees are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 with a booster prior to the event. Please email a copy of your COVID vaccine card to firstname.lastname@example.org
Masks will not be required during the event.
Friendship Bridge is so grateful to the following supporters for sponsoring this year’s gala.
405 Urban St | Lakewood, CO 80228
email@example.com | 303-674-0717